TOEFL Essay Topics
72. Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends?
107. You need to travel from your home to a place 40 miles (64 kilometers) away. Compare the different kinds of transportation you could use. Tell which method of travel you would choose.
144. Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each year. Others believe that students should have several short vacations throughout the year. Which viewpoint do you agree with?
175. Holidays honor people or events. If you could create a new holiday, what person or event would it honor and how would you want people to celebrate it? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
154. In some countries, people are no longer allowed to smoke in many public places and office buildings. Do you think this is a good rule or a bad rule?
**What is your horoscope sign? Do you read your horoscope? Do you believe in astrology? Do you think that people born under the same astrological sign have similar personalities?
Foreign Student Series: An Introduction Introduction to VOANews updated series of programs for anyone interested in higher education in the U.S.
Foreign Student Series: First Steps In part two of the VOANews series on American higher education, advice about where to get information on colleges and universities.