Thank you for coming to our first Zoom meeting!
Our next meeting is Tuesday, March 31 9:30-10:30 am!
Mark Kulek: At the Doctor's Office - Easy English Conversation Practice
- Read Health Stories: Intro: Ch 13. "Making an Appointment."
- Download the story from our WeChat group or email
- Listen to the story.
- Listen to Talking to a Receptionist on 7.
- Speak: You will practice this conversation with a friend or family member,
- Listen to George's Morning on pg 80.
- Dictation: write the sentences under the pictures.
We will do pages 40-42 on Thursday.
Receptionist: Hello. Main Street Medical Clinic. May I help you?
Patient: Hello. My name is ________________. I want to make a doctor's appointment.
Receptionist: What is the matter?
Patient: I have a bad ____________ (cough, stomachache, cold, fever, sore throat, etc).
Receptionist: When did the cough start?
Patient: Two days ago.
Receptionist: What is your date of birth?
Patient: My date of birth is _________________.
Receptionist: Can you come in on Wednesday at 2 o'clock?
Patient: Yes, I can come in on Wednesday at 2 o'clock.
Receptionist: OK. See you then.
Patient: Thank you. Goodbye.
More ESL COVID-19 Resources