Todays topic: Conversation!
Questions are taken from ESLDiscussions: Conversation
1) What springs to mind when you hear the word ‘conversation’?
2) People say conversation is an art. Do you think so?
3) What topics of conversation do you enjoy most?
4) Do you like listening to other people’s conversations?
5) Have you ever overheard a conversation you wish you hadn’t?
6) Who in life do you find it difficult to strike up a conversation with?
7) What common conversation starters do you use?
8) Will you ever run out of dreams?
9) Oscar Wilde said: "Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative." What does this mean? Do you agree with him?
1) Are you good at small talk and making conversation?
2) When was the last time you had a really, really interesting
3) Do you like intelligent conversation?
4) What do you think of your English conversation classes and study
5) How do you feel when people interrupt you in the middle of an
6) If you were a fly on the wall, which conversation in history would you
like to listen to?
7) What do you do when you hear your name pop up in other people’s conversations?
8) Are you OK at everyday conversation in English?
9) Someone once said: "Conversation is an exercise of the mind; gossip is merely an exercise of the tongue." What does this mean? Do you agree?