We offer state-of-the-art instruction in high-demand areas such as Business & Management, Engineering & Technology, Biosciences, Environmental Health & Safety, and Education. There are online courses for English for non-native professionals. For more information, click
LISTEN: VOA Foreign Student Series: College, University or Institute? On EDUCATION REPORT: Part three of our Foreign Student Series explains the different kinds of higher learning institutions in the U.S. 24 September 2008
Past Tense in Time Clauses pg 70
Underline the time clause
- After Diep finished work, she stopped at the bank.
- She deposited her pay-check after she paid her bills.
- Before she left, Diep check the balance in her savings account.
- When she left, she took a brochure about long term savings.
- She read the information while she waited for the bus.
Use time clauses in the past tense
- Diep went to the post office after she finished computer class.
- Before she picked up her son, she got stamps and mailed some letters.
- She gave a check to the day-care worker when she picked up her son.
- After she picked up her son at day-care, she went home.
- Her son watched TV while she cooked dinner.
Questions: How far? How long? How often? pg 71
Write a How question
- How long were you on the bus?
- How far is Atlanta from here?
- How often did the bus stop?
- How long did you stay in atlanta?
- How long did it take to drive to the coast?