West Valley College is a public California Community College located on the west side of Silicon Valley, in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, 50 miles south of San Francisco. Continuing a nearly 40 year tradition, West Valley College offers 18 dynamic career programs, professional certificates, and degree programs with exceptional preparation for transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Flexible course options including online and distance learning combined with many levels of support such as financial assistance, educational planning, personal counseling, child care and learning skills programs provide every student the opportunity for the highest academic and personal success.
- Admissions & Records
- Financial Aid - grants, etc.
- ESL Lab - English as a Second Language
Academic Support Services
- Academic and Career Programs
- CalWORKS - (California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids Program)
- CARE - (Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education) - support for single-parent students. Must be EOPS elegible.
- DESP - (Disability & Educational Support Program) - support services, mobility assistance/tram service, assessment, and classes for students with disabilities and learning difficulties.
- ET - (Educational Transition) - one-stop center for re-entry adults, service learning, Women’s Supportive Studies and other resources.
- EOPS - (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) - Educational and financial support services for low-income and educationally under-prepared students.
LISTEN: Foreign Student Series: Paying for School in the US On EDUCATION REPORT: Foreign students must show they can pay for at least their first year of study. Part 18 of our series. 21 January 2009