|President George Washington|
|President Abraham Lincoln|
What is Presidents' Day?
- Presidents' Day is a holiday in the United States.
- Government offices, the post office, schools, and banks are closed.
When is Presidents' Day?
- George Washington was born on February 22, 1732
- Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809.
- We celebrate their birthdays on the third Monday of February,
Why do we celebrate Presidents' Day?
- George Washington was the first president of the United States. He fought for America.
- Abraham Lincoln was the sixteenth president of the United States. He freed the slaves.